No matter the age, we all have our personal skincare ritual, that we carefully follow every morning and evening. Ever since we were young, society taught us that beauty is about how we feel in our own skin. Beauty within is beauty on the outside. We may all have our vanity cabinet, full of favorite skincare products that we absolutely love and rave about: cleansers, hydrating creams, eye creams, anti-aging creams, personal care products that address to oily skin, to dry skin, to acne prone complexion. No matter the problem, we have the solution. But usually these products are filled with harmful ingredients that can have a negative impact on our skin and body overtime. Everywhere around the globe, more and more ingredients get banned from being added in products used in beauty industry, because, ultimately it all gets absorbed by our skin and builds up inside our body.
This is why, lately the trend in skincare and in the beauty industry is shifting to natural products. This is a trend to follow for sure! Fortunately, nowadays there are a lot of skin-friendly products that are 100% natural. And the process of natural skincare hydration starts with oils.
For those of you who don’t know much about oils here is a top 6 of the best oils to introduce into your daily routine, either facial or body skincare.
Rosehip Seed Oil
- Great for dry or aging skin;
- Anti-aging, firming properties and may improve skin elasticity – rich in skin nourishing essential fatty acids including omega-6 and omega-3 which help to improve the elasticity, texture, and appearance of the skin;
- Rose hip seed oil is high in essential fatty acids, vitamin E, vitamin C, vitamin D and B-carotene, a form of vitamin A and it softens and smooths out the skin, preventing or even eradicating stretch marks;
- It improves the texture of the skin and calms redness and inflammation. It can also help reduce scarring;
- This amazing oil is best-known for its high concentration (the highest of any pure botanical oil) of natural vitamin A – all-trans retinoic acid (or ATRA as it is often abbreviated.) ATRA is known for its potent ability to reduce the depth of wrinkles, fade fine lines, lighten age spots, and promote over-all healing of damaged skin by boosting the growth rate of new cells and increasing collagen production deep under the skin’s surface;
- Helps refine skin texture and tone, and can be helpful with managing skin conditions such as psoriasis and dermatitis.
- Lightweight, non-greasy, healing and moisturizing for all skin types;
- It is similar to the sebum of the skin and it absorbs very quicly into the skin, compared to other oils;
- Anti-inflammatory properties;
- If you struggle with oily skin, jojoba oil is a good option as it will help to dissolve sebum and will carry healing essential oils deep into the pores without leaving the skin oily or greasy;
- Best for sensitive, acne-prone or oily skin;
- It is gentle on the skin – it tightens and tones;
- Grapeseed is rich with vitamin E and is excellent for reducing the appearance of dark, under-eye circles;
- It actively combats acne and itchy eczema (because of the astringent properties) while also helping fade the appearance of sun damage and deep wrinkles;
- Working on the cellular level, grapeseed’s oil antioxidant properties protect against tissue damage. It can help to restore collagen, because it is rich in OPCs (oligomeric proanthocyanidins). These compounds help to eradicate free radicals as well.
Apricot Kernel Oil
- Rich in omega-6 gamma-linolenic acid, this oil is especially helpful for moisturizing and healing very dry skin;
- Helps to hydrate and nourish skin while vitamins A and E contained in the oil encourage regeneration of skin cells and collagen production to help reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
Sweet Almond Oil
- Contains large amounts of vitamins E and K – meaning that this oil not only helps skin to regenerate and maintain elasticity, it also promotes better blood circulation;
- Natural UV blocker, making it ideal for people who spend a lot of time in the sun, by keeping the skin soft and supple.
- Packed with anti-oxidants, vitamin E, protein and fatty acids;
- Coconut oil is also comprised mainly of medium-chain triglyceride lauric acid, known to be one of the healthiest oils for your skin and body;
- Helps reduce signs of aging and fight against wrinkles;
- Great for strengthening the epidermis against cellulite, fading stretch marks;
- Coconut oil is a great natural sunscreen.
Treat your skin and give it the best! Our Oil Elixirs blend together all these precious oils, into a lightweight, fast-absorbable formula, for the most comfortable skinsperience.
Everything is a choice. Make yours count!